The Swedish apple ring cream cake is a yeast bread that has been hand-shaped and filled. The dough can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator, then baked the next morning. If desired, top the ring with chopped, toasted almonds. Along with the raisins, nuts can be added to the filling.
Swedish apple ring Cream Cake is a delightful yeast tea bread! Apples, cinnamon, and almonds are stuffed into the pastry, which is then topped with chopped almonds.
This recipe is much faster than many similar recipes because all of the dough components are combined in one step and there is no proving period.
Ingredients for Apple Rings Swedish Cream Cake
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) of active dry yeast(khmeer)
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour(meda)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup of cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk(dry milk) [
- 3 large egg yolks(ande ki zerdi), room temperature
- 2 cups finely chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup raisins(kishmish)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar (darchini suger)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar(dane dar chini)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract(arq)
- 2 to 3 tbsp 2% milk
- almond as your choice
Directions for Apple Rings Swedish Cream Cake
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour(meda), sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter until crumbly. Add the yeast mixture, cream, milk, and egg yolks(zerdi); stir until the mixture forms a soft dough. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients. Punch down dough; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 portion into a 13×7-in. rectangle. Sprinkle it with half of the filling.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal. Place seam side down on a greased baking sheet, pinch ends together to form a ring. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Cover and let the bread rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Combine the confectioners’ sugar(dane dar chini), vanilla(vanilla arq), and enough milk to reach drizzling consistency. Drizzle over warm rings.
- Garnish with almonds.
- 1 piece: 290 calories,
- 12g fat (8g saturated fat),
- 61mg cholesterol,
- 123mg sodium,
- 41g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber),
- 4G protein.