- 4 sausage(qeema role )slices slices, cut into small 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 Small yellow onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups Swiss chard( Safaid chakandar),stems removed , roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives, sliced
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream
- 4 Eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Panko(a type of breadcrumbs)
- 1/4 cup Crumbled feta(cheez)
- 1/2 tsp Flaky salt for finishing
- 2 tbsp Chives (heri piyaz)for garnishing
- 1Loaf of crusty bread, for serving
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium sized ovenproof skillet sauté the sausage over medium heat until just cooked. Transfer the sausage to a paper towel lined plate. Drain off all but 1/2 tbsp of the sausage grease.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Add the onions, cooking until transparent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and swiss chard and continue cooking until the chard begins to wilt. Return the cooked sausage to the pan and add the castelvetrano olives. Remove from heat.
- Create small wells into the chard mixture where you want to place the eggs. Add each egg to pan the one at a time. As evenly as possibly pour the cream over the entire dish and place in preheated oven. Allow to cook for 8-10 minutes.
- In small skillet, melt the 1 tbsp of butteror oil. Add the panko(bread crums) and toss with butter, continue cooking over medium heat until the panko(bread crum) is toasted.
- Sprinkle the panko over the entire dish along with the feta?(cheez), extra olives, flaky salt and fresh chives(heri piyaz).
- Serve along side some good bread.