- 2 boneless chicken thighs (about 1/2 pound), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup julienned sweet red pepper(red shimla)
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric(haldi powder)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin(zeera powder)
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic(lehson)
- 1/8 tsp s alt or to taste
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp chicken broth(yakhni)
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, beef, onion and red pepper in 2 teaspoons oil until chicken is browned on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- In the same skillet, saute rice in remaining 1 teaspoon oil until lightly browned. Stir in the turmeric(hldi powder), cumin(zeera powder), garlic and salt. Return meat and vegetables to pan; toss lightly. Add broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer until rice is tender, 30-35 minutes. Stir in peas.