According to yesterday’s announcement by city officials, more than 60 diners at a restaurant in San Antonio, Texas, have recently reported food poison symptoms of foodborne illnesses. Multiple violations and an expired license were discovered during inspections of the restaurant last year.
Numerous sick people reported eating at Pasha’s Mediterranean Grill on Wurzbach Road to authorities this week. No other Pasha’s sites were listed in a statement released on September 6 by the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District.
According to public health officials, anyone who ate at Pasha’s on Wurzbach Road and experiences signs of a foodborne illness is advised to seek medical assistance. So far, the sick individuals have described experiencing diarrhea, stomach pains, nausea, and vomiting. Any of Pasha’s clients who recently fell unwell or who will soon become ill should see a doctor, regardless of the food poison symptoms present.
The Pasha’s site in San Antonio is not listed as being open for business in the health department’s statement. But it does mention that “the restaurant is cooperating completely with the investigation.”
According to the department, “Metro Health personnel are working with the restaurant to verify that all precautions are being taken to prevent any more illnesses.”
In the last seven days, more than a dozen allegations of ailments among restaurant clients have been submitted on the crowdsourcing website iwaspoisoned.com.
When city inspectors visited the establishment in May, more than a dozen citations were issued. The issue with the employee hand-washing sink and the accumulation of a black substance in the ice maker and on the walls. Plumbing leaks and inappropriate food storage were among the breaches. Additionally, investigators found no qualified food protection manager on the premises, which is required by law. Another violation was noted in May because the responsible party was unable to submit food handler certifications for the personnel who were on duty.
Staff from the health department have discovered infractions at the Pasha’s site on previous occasions, including the May inspection this year. Public health inspectors found violations in December 2017, one of which involved the hand-washing sink.
Inspectors discovered yet another hand hygiene infraction in August 2017. The Pasha’s food license had also run out, they discovered.
Customers at Pasha’s are urged to contact public health officials to report ailments by dialing 210-207-8876.
Food poisoning symptoms can start to show up anywhere from four hours to one week after consuming a contaminated food item, and they can last for as little as 24 hours or as long as one week. Another reason why food poisoning goes undiagnosed so frequently is the heterogeneity in the timing of the symptoms’ onset and persistence.
"Red Lobster Restaurant I want to eat seafood at a nearby Red Lobster restaurant. What Red Lobster location is nearest… Read More
Health and nutrition are interconnected and essential components of a healthy lifestyle. A balanced and nutrient-rich diet provides the body… Read More
In recent years, the fast food industry has been changing to accommodate the growing demand for healthier and more sustainable… Read More
Introduction to Healthy Eating "Eating a healthy diet is key to a healthy lifestyle, yet many people find it difficult… Read More