Grilling recipe for barbecue ribs: Barbecue ribs are a classic summertime dish that is perfect for grilling. If you want to impress your guests at your next BBQ, here’s a delicious recipe that you can try:
Ingredients for Grilling recipe for barbecue ribs:
- 2-3 lbs. ribs
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. molasses
- 1 tbsp. liquid smoke
- Barbecue sauce, for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, thyme, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if using).
- Rinse the ribs and pat them dry. Remove the thin membrane from the back of the ribs (if necessary).
- Rub the spice mixture evenly over the ribs, making sure to coat both sides well.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (about 375°F to 400°F).
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together ketchup, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, honey, molasses, and liquid smoke. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the ribs on the grill, bone side down, and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until slightly charred.
- Brush the ribs with the sauce and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes on each side, or until the sauce is caramelized and the ribs are cooked through.
- Remove the ribs from the grill and let them rest for about 5 minutes.
- Serve the ribs with additional barbecue sauce on the side, if desired. Enjoy!
Note: You can also smoke the ribs on a grill using indirect heat or bake them in the oven at 325°F for about 2 hours before grilling.