Dinner is complete with this homemade Juicy Roasted Chicken. Nothing beats the aroma of a roasting chicken in the oven. The crisp, salty skin and the juicy middle will delight you.
Every cook should know how to make homemade Juicy Roasted Chicken, and our approach yields the juiciest chicken breasts you’ll ever taste. You enjoy how simple this is, and you are amazing at how much flavor butter, salt, and pepper can produce. This is a simple one-pan dish because the chicken is roasting with vegetables.
You don’t need to marinade or brine a whole chicken ahead of time, and you don’t need to pre-cook your vegetables because they roast alongside the chicken in the oven. You only need a roasting pan and no other fancy equipment.
A store-bought chicken that has been resting under a heat lamp for some time is no match for a freshly roast chicken. There’s something about roasting an entire chicken that makes you feel like an accomplished chef. Your family will impress by the presentation and flavor.
We like to serve roast chicken as the main course because it is practically a meal in itself. Pair your chicken entrée with the following sides:
- Make gravy from the chicken pan drippings, as we did with our Turkey Gravy, or make mushroom gravy.
- Dinner Rolls – to round out the dinner, serve fluffy rolls.
- Salad Caesar — a light green salad with a homemade sauce
Ingredients for roasted chicken
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, giblets removed
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ½ cup margarine, divided
- 1 stalk celery(ajwain khrasai or herb), leaves removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place chicken in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with salt and pepper. Sprinkle inside and out with onion powder. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken’s exterior. Cut the celery(herb) into 3 or 4 pieces, and place in the chicken cavity.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.serve with souces or salad as your choice.