Ingredients For Italian Roulade
- 6 mutton strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning(msala)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley(herb)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 jars (24 ounces each) meatless pasta sauce
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- Additional minced fresh parsley
Directions For Italian Roulade
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place mutton on a microwave-safe plate lined with paper towels. Cover with additional paper towels; microwave on high 3-5 minutes or until partially cooked but not crisp. In a small bowl, mix garlic, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Starting at a long side, cut beef steak horizontally in half to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open steak flat; Pound with a meat mallet to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Spread garlic mixture over steak; sprinkle with cheese. Layer with eggs and beef to within 1 in. of edges; sprinkle with parsley. Starting with a long side of the steak, roll up jelly-roll style (along the grain); tie at 1-1/2-in. intervals with kitchen string.
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roulade on all sides. Pour pasta sauce over top. Bake, covered, 1-1/2-1-3/4 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roulade from pot; remove string and cut into slices. Serve with sauce over spaghetti. Sprinkle with additional parsley.
1 slice with 3/4 cup sauce (calculated without spaghetti): 331 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 1491mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.