Next official holiday in Oman: According to Royal Decree No. 88/2022, an official holiday is anticipated to be observed on Wednesday, January 11, 2023, to commemorate the Sultan taking the throne of the Sultanate of Oman.
On December 7, 2022, His Majesty Sultan Haitham bin Tarik issued Royal Decree No. 88/2022, which established official holidays. According to Article 1 of the Decree, the following dates must be designated as official holidays for units of the State’s Administrative Apparatus, public legal entities, and private sector establishments with regard to Eid and other events indicated below:
- The first of Muharram will be Hijri New Year’s Day.
- The birthday of the Prophet is set for 12 Rabee Al Awwal.
- Al Isra’a Wal Miraj will take place on July 27.
- The National Day will be on November 18 and 19.
- January 11 marks the day of His Majesty Sultan’s accession.
Any weekly off-day that falls on one of the aforementioned holidays will be made up by an additional day. If it is in the public interest, the dates of the aforementioned holidays may be changed.