- 1 tsp butter, or as needed
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp taco seasoning(msala) mix, or to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) jar salsa
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces jalapeno peppers(hot red pepper), diced
- 4 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a baking pan.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink in the center and juices run clear, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain excess liquid. Add taco seasoning(msala); toss to coat. Transfer chicken into the prepared baking pan.
- Mix salsa, sour cream, and jalapenos(hot red pepper) together in a bowl and pour over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until hot, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cover with Cheddar cheese. Continue baking until cheese melts, about 5 minutes more.
- Let casserole cool before cutting into pieces and garnishing with green onions.