- 1 Kg chicken (cut into medium-sized pieces)
- For the curry:
- water as required
- 3 tbsp refined oil
- 3 onions,
- finely chopped coriander leaves 2tbsp
- grated(kdukash) coconut 2tbsp
- For the malvani masala:1
- Bay leaf(taij pat) 1/2
- Nutmeg(jaifel) 6-7
- Cloves (long) 6-7
- Dry red chillies 1tsp
- 10 Black peppercorns
- 1 large cinnamon stick(darchini)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds(zeera)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds(dhnia)
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric(haldi) powder
- For the coconut masala paste:
- 3 Green chillies
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 1 coconut grated(kadukash)
- 3/4 inch ginger
How to Make Spicy Malvani Chicken Curry
- Dry roast all the ingredients of the Malvani masala in a pan and coarsely grind them.
- Then grind all the ingredients of the coconut masala into a paste.
- In a kadhai, heat oil, add the onions and the ground coconut masala.
- Stir and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add 3-4 tsp of the ground Malavani masala, red chilly power and salt to taste.
- Mix in the chicken and then water.
- Cover and let it cook on low flame for about 40 mins till the gravy thickens and the chicken is tender.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves (hra dhnia)and grated(kdukash) coconut.
- Serve hot.