This delightful, substantial tuna pasta salad recipe is perfect for a light summer supper. It’s a fantastic make-ahead pasta salad that’s ideal for potlucks and barbecues.
This tuna pasta salad is a delicious (and well-balanced) supper! The pasta provides carbohydrates, the tuna provides protein, and all of the vegetables provide vitamins and fiber. Olive oil is high in healthy fats and has a pleasant crunch. The mix of flavors and textures in this dish appeals to me greatly.
It also produces fantastic leftovers, so it’s great for meal prep (it’ll keep in the fridge for up to 5 days). For the vegetables, I used tomatoes, celery, and cucumber, but feel free to substitute anything you don’t like.
If you’re looking for a heavier dressing, try my creamy tuna pasta salad.
How to make tuna pasta salad (overview):
Cook your pasta until it’s done, then drain it completely in a strainer after rinsing it under cold water. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a big salad bowl (tuna, red onion, tomatoes, celery, cucumber, and parsley). Toss the drained spaghetti with the oil and vinegar, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. (For a complete list of ingredients and instructions, see the recipe card below.)
Tuna pasta salad dressing:
I just mixed balsamic vinegar and olive oil together. Sometimes the simplest solution is the best! To suit your personal preferences, add additional oil and/or vinegar.
Other good stuff you could throw in here:
- Kalamata olives with capers
- Red bell peppers, chopped
- Anything you have in your fridge that needs to be used up!
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna drained
- 2 tbsp red onion chopped
- 1 cup little tomatoes halved
- 2 sticks celery(ajeain khrasani or herb) chopped
- 1 mini cucumber(kheera) chopped
- 3 cups uncooked pasta
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (herb)chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar(sirka)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Boil a large, salted pot of water for your pasta. Cook it al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, prep your other ingredients and add them to a large bowl (add the vinegar(sirka), oil, and salt & pepper after the pasta is done).
- Once the pasta is cooked, rinse it under cold water and let it drain thoroughly. Add it to the bowl with the other ingredients.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil to the bowl. You may want to add more oil and/or vinegar depending on your tastes. Season the pasta salad thoroughly with salt & pepper. You can serve it right away or chill it first (cover the bowl) for the flavors to meld a bit.
- you can also use cream or mayo for making creamy.