Your vegetable rice now has the full flavor you were missing thanks to our Mix of Vegetable Tehari/Pulao.
- Ghee (Clarified butter) – 1 tsp
- Shimla mirch (Capsicum) cubes – 1 Cup
- Ghee (Clarified butter) – 1 tbs
- Phool gobhi (Cauliflower) florets – 2 Cups
- Aloo (Potatoes) cubes 2 medium
- Matar (Peas) – 1 Cup
- Gajar (Carrot) diced – 1 Cup
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) 3-4 tbs
- Darchini (Cinnamon sticks) – 2
- Badiyan ka phool (Star anise) – 2
- Laung (Cloves) 2-3
- Badi elaichi (Black cardamom) – 1
- Sabut kali mirch (Black peppercorns) 8-10
- Zeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 tsp
- Pyaz (Onion) sliced 2 medium
- Tamatar (Tomato) chopped 2 medium
- Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) – 1 tbs
- Hari mirch (Green chili) paste – 2 tbs
- Namak (Salt) ½ tbs or to taste
- Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder) – 1 tsp or to taste
- Garam masala powder – ½ tsp
- Haldi powder (Turmeric powder) – ½ tsp
- Zeera powder (Cumin powder) – ½ tsp
- Water 4 Cups or as required
- Chawal (Rice) Basmati/Sella ½ kg (soaked for 30 minutes)
- Lemon juice – 1 tbs
- Hari mirch (Green chili) 2-3
- Hara dhania (Fresh coriander)
Directions: Vegetable Tehari
- Add clarified butter, capsicum, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes on high heat in a wok.
- Add carrots, cauliflower, potatoes, green peas, and clarified butter to the same wok. Stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes over medium heat; remove from wok.
- Add clarified butter to a pot and let it melt.
- Add the cumin seeds, cinnamon sticks, star anise, cloves, black cardamom, and other spices, and stir thoroughly.
- Add the onion, combine, and cook until lightly golden.
- Add the tomatoes and stir well.
- Add the green chili paste and ginger garlic paste, stir well, and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Salt, red pepper flakes, garam masala, turmeric, and cumin powder should be added. Mix thoroughly, then simmer for one minute.
- Add the stir-fried vegetables at this point, combine well, and simmer for 2–3 minutes.
- Add water, stir well, and bring to a boil. Then, cover the pan and cook it on a medium burner for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and well combine.
- Add stir-fried capsicum, lemon juice, and green peppers; gently combine; cover and steam simmer for 12 to 15 minutes at a low temperature.
- Serve your meal garnished with fresh coriander.