Thanksgiving isn’t complete without a green bean casserole, and this one only requires four items from your pantry or refrigerator: canned green beans, condensed mushroom soup, French-fried onions, and shredded Cheddar cheese. You can have it on the table in no time at all.
Components of Green Bean Casserole
All you need to prepare this traditional green bean casserole is four ingredients:
- Can of green beans: Two drained cans of green beans are the base for this simple casserole.
- Soup in a can: Condensed cream of mushroom so up from a can provide flavor and a creamy texture.
- Cheese: Shredded Cheddar cheese is needed for this recipe. Apply a mixture of both harsh and gentle flavors.
- French-fried onions: A topping of French-fried onions gives the green bean casserole its crispness.
- Add-ons: crumbled bacon, fried onions or mushrooms, garlic, Parmesan cheese, and black pepper
How long is green bean casserole cooked?
This canned recipe will cook through in approximately 10 minutes at 350 degrees F. Naturally, that does not account for the 5 to 8 minutes the ingredients are microwaved!
Is it possible to prepare green bean casserole in advance?
Indeed! This recipe can be prepared up to three days ahead of time. Follow the recipe’s instructions for cooking, but omit the French-fried onions. When you’re ready to eat, let it cool, then securely cover and refrigerate with foil.
To reheat, take the casserole out of the refrigerator and allow it to sit at room temperature for half an hour. Place some French-fried onions on top and reheat the dish in a 350-degree oven until the onions are caramelized and the casserole is thoroughly warm.
How Should Green Bean Casserole Be Stored?
Let the casserole cool to room temperature before transferring it to an airtight container or securely covering it with storage wrap. Keep refrigerated for a maximum of four days. Use a microwave or oven to reheat.
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans of green beans, drained
- 1 (10.5 ounces) can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (6-ounce) can French fried onions
Method of Green Bean Casserole
Turn the oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
In a large microwave-safe bowl, thoroughly mix condensed soup and green beans. Heat in the microwave for three to five minutes on high.
Add half a cup of Cheddar cheese to the mixture of green beans. Toasted for two or three minutes on high.
Spread the mixture evenly across the bottom of the casserole dish after transferring. After adding the French-fried onions, top with the remaining Cheddar.
In a preheated oven, bake for about ten minutes or until the cheese melts and the onions start to brown.