- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper(chili type lal mrch)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon(darchni)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin(zeera)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Optional: Sour cream and jalapeno slices
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; crumble beef. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat oil; saute onions until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the green pepper, salt, chili powder, bouillon, cayenne, cinnamon(darchini), cumin(zeera) and oregano. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring until combined.
- Add tomatoes and browned beef. Stir in water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour. Add beans and heat through. If desired top with sour cream and jalapeno.serve with rice or as your choice.