- 4 cup oats(jo,jwi)
- 2-2 1/2 cups Sliced almonds (or any kind of nuts)
- 1 1/2Cups coconut flakes(khopra)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 cup Canola oil
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract(vanilla arq)
- 2 tsp Almond extract(badam arq)
- 2 cups Dried figs(anjeer), chopped (or any kind of dried fruit)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Oil the parchment (or foil) to prevent granola sticking to the bottom.
- In a large bowl, toss the oats, almonds, coconut flakes (khopra)and salt until fully incorporated.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oil, honey, vanilla or vanilla bean paste and almond extract(arq badam). Stir into oat mixture.
- Spread the granola onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 mins, turning and stirring the granola ½ way through to prevent uneven browning.
- Once your granola is finished baking, let it cool for 15 mins on the baking sheet. Once cooled, crumble the granola and stir in the dried fruit.