- Flour(meda) 600 gm
- Salt 1 tbsp
- Sugar 60 gm
- Unsalted butter 100 gm
- Yeast (khameer) 20 gm
- Bread improver ( mix of various acids and enzymes that help activate the gluten in the flour and feed the yeast) 5 gm
- Milk 1 ½ cup
- Unsalted margarine 225 gm
- Water ¼ – ½ cup
- Egg for brushing
- For making the dough mix flour, salt, sugar, yeast(khameer) and bread improver.
- Then add in unsalted butter and milk , mix it in as well.
- Once the dough is combined, let it rest for proofing.
- Then roll it out.
- Fold it thrice and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough 5 cm thick and 24 inch long.
- Cut out triangles from it.
- Roll these triangles to create croissants.
- Leave these for proofing for 15 minutes.
- Brush these with egg and bake at 190°C – 200°C for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat and bake at 190°C for 10 minutes.
- serve with tea .