Homemade hot chocolate that is creamy. This hot chocolate is very flavorful and delectable because of the addition of cocoa powder and chocolate chips! in just a few minutes.
You beautiful, creamy, sweet stuff. If you were curious about how I choose to spend each December night, it would be curled up with my hands encircling a warm mug of hot chocolate. If the hot chocolate is garnished with freshly made whipping cream and a generous amount of chopped dark chocolate, bonus points.
Prep Time: 1 minute
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 4 (see note for smaller servings)
Ingredients For Homemade Hot Chocolate
- 4 cups milk (preferably whole or 2%)
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Instructions Homemade Hot Chocolate
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, milk, and cocoa powder. Warm up while frequently whisking over medium-low heat (but not boiling).
- Add the chocolate pieces and stir continuously until they melt and are distributed evenly throughout the milk.
- Add vanilla extract and serve right away.
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 single serving:
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1-2 drops vanilla extract