- 4 tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Onions, chopped
- 1 lb Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups Chicken or vegetable stock(yakhni)
- 1/2 cup Dry white wine(fruit wine made with white grapes)
- 2 tsp Dried dill(soya)
- 2 tsp Minced fresh thyme leaves(jungli podina or herb)
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 cup Whole milk
- 3 tbsp Flour
- 1/4 cup Sour cream
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Fresh italian parsley
- In a heavy pot or Dutch oven, sauté the onions and mushrooms in butter over medium heat until onions are soft and translucent, about 15 minutes.
- Add the dill, thyme, paprika, broth, soy sauce and white wine. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the liquid reduces by half.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the flour into the milk until smooth. Add the flour-milk mixture to the soup and cook until the soup begins to thicken, about 10 more minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and slowly stir in the sour cream and lemon juice.
- Garnish the soup with parsley and serve hot.