Instant Pot Recipes, The formula for our Instant Pot chicken marinara dish is straightforward and reads something like this: chicken thighs + jar of marinara sauce = dinner is ready.
There is simply no turning back once you go to an Instant Pot, is there? Our lives have been made so much simpler by the Instant Pot, particularly when preparing chicken for dinner. Even without an Instant Pot, this ridiculously simple three-ingredient chicken marinara recipe would be quick. But the dinner that the recipe and Instant Pot create is so simple and uncomplicated that we are at a loss for words to express how doable this meal is.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Calories: 485
- Serves: 6
Ingredients Instant Pot Recipes
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (2 lbs)
- 2 tsp salt, divided
- 1 (24 oz) Jar of marinara sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock or broth
- 1 cup stone ground polenta or yellow cornmeal
Method Instant Pot Recipes
- Give the tomato sauce and chicken thighs a brief swirl in the pressure cooker after adding them and seasoning with 1 teaspoon of salt.
- With the lid, enclose. Set the mode to manual (pressure cook). Cook for five minutes at high (maximum pressure).
- Allow the pressure to naturally drop for ten minutes. After then, quickly relieve any pressure that is still present.
- Bring the chicken stock to a boil in a medium-sized pot while the chicken cooks. After adding the polenta, cook it for 12 to 14 minutes, stirring frequently, until it has absorbed all the liquid. Remove from heat after stirring in the final teaspoon of salt. Before serving, place a lid on the container.
- In the tomato sauce, shred the thighs using two forks. Enjoy with polenta after serving!
- If the polenta thickens excessively while chilling, reheat it and gradually stir in water, 1/2 cup at a time. Stir to restore the desired consistency.
- A bowl of pasta is also great with this chicken.