Ingredients for Mediterranean Bread
Ingredients for bread dough:
- Wheat Flour 2 cups
- White Flour 2 cups
- Inst ant Yeast 3 tsp
- Warm Water 1½ cup
- Brown Sugar 3 tbsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Oil ¼ cup
Ingredients for filling;
- Parmesan Cheese ½ cup
- Cream Cheese 4 oz
- Dill(soya) (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Coriander(dhania) leaves 2 tbsp
- Spring Onion (finely chopped) ½ cup
- Capsicum(Shimla Mirch) (chopped) 2 tbsp
- Olives ( chopped) 2 tbsp
- Garlic (crushed) 1 tsp
- Oil for brushing
- Egg 1
- Sesame Seeds(til) 2 tbs
Method Mediterranean Bread
- Mix all the dough ingredients together in a bowl and knead very well until the dough is very smooth and elastic about 10 mins. Turn the dough into an oiled bowl cover and leave it in a warm place until doubled.
- In another bowl mix all the filling ingredients except sesame seeds. Once the dough has doubled in size punch down and sprinkle flour on a table then roll the dough into a rectangular sprinkling additional flour.
- Cut the dough into half into 2 rectangles for each dough rectangle spoon the prepared filling in a narrow vertical strip. Using a knife cut the dough into 4 or 5 strips on both sides of the filling.
- Starting from the top alternately cross the opposite left and suitable strips over each other until the bread is braided—Tuck in the ends.
- Place loaves on a greased baking sheet cover with a towel or tray leave them to rise for 30 to 40 mins. Brush with beaten egg sprinkle with sesame seeds bakes in a preheated oven on 180 C for 20 mins.