- 1 lb Mild italian sausage(qeema role slices)
- 1 Onion, minced
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 quart Chicken stock(yakhni)
- 1 (14 oz can)Crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Bunch kale(bnd gobi), stems removed
- 1 (10 oz) bag Tortellini, (pasta) fresh not drie
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage, onions and garlic to the pot and and sauté until the onions are soft an translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock(yakhni), crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Whisk until tomato paste is fully incorporated.
- Bring to a boil, season with salt then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale(bnd gobi), tortellini(pasta) and heavy cream.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes until the kale is wilted and the pasta is tender.
- Serve with parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes if desired.