Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna is are composed of corn tortillas, cheese, and vegetables. Serve with cilantro, sour cream, and additional toppings of your choice.
Total:1 hr 20 mins
Ingredients For Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna
- cooking spray
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup diced sweet onion
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn(mkai dane), drained
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper(red shimla mrch), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin(zeera powder)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach(palk), thawed and drained
- 3 cups shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 18 corn tortillas
- 1 cup enchilada sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, jalapenos, bell pepper(red shimla mrch), and garlic; cook and stir until onion is translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add salsa, black beans, corn(mkai dane), chili powder, and cumin(zeera powder). Bring to a simmer; let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine 2 cups pepper Jack cheese, ricotta cheese, spinach(palk), egg, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Place 6 corn tortillas in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Add 1/2 of the vegetable mixture using a slotted spoon, followed by 1/2 of the cheese and spinach mixture. Add a layer of 6 tortillas and follow with remaining vegetables and remaining cheese mixture. Top with remaining tortillas. Spread enchilada sauce across the top and remaining pepper Jack cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbly, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
The flavor of the dish is determined by the salsa and enchilada sauce used; if you don’t like spicy meals, use a mild salsa and enchilada sauce.
- calories 411;
- protein 19.4g;
- carbohydrates 40.1g;
- fat 20.8g;
- cholesterol 70.2mg;
- sodium 862.9mg.