A vegetarian or vegan tofu stir fry recipe is a delicious and healthy option for those looking to incorporate more plant-based meals into their diet. T ofu, which is made from soybeans, is a versatile protein source that can be cooked in a variety of ways and is a great alternative to meat.
To make a tofu stir fry, you will need some vegetables such as broccoli, bell peppers, onions, and carrots. These can be sliced thinly and cooked in a wok or frying pan with some oil until they are tender but still crisp. Then, add some cubed tofu and stir-fry for a few minutes until the tofu is lightly browned.
To add flavor to the stir fry, you can use a variety of sauces such as soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and sesame oil. You can also add some garlic and ginger for extra flavor. Serve the stir fry over some rice or noodles for a complete meal.
Not only is a vegetarian or vegan tofu stir fry recipe delicious, but it is also packed with nutrients such as protein, fiber, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. It is a great option for those looking to eat healthier and reduce their meat consumption.
Here’s a delicious vegetarian/vegan tofu stir-fry recipe that’s quick and easy to make!
Ingredients Vegetarian and Vegan Tofu Stir Fry:
- 1 block of firm tofu, drained and cubed
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked rice for serving
- Toss the cubed tofu with cornstarch to coat evenly.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the tofu and cook until crispy and golden brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes. Remove the tofu from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add another tablespoon of oil and sauté the garlic and onion for 2-3 minutes, or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and maple syrup.
- Add the crispy tofu back to the skillet with the vegetables and pour the sauce over everything. Stir everything together and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the stir-fry over a bed of cooked rice.
Enjoy your delicious vegetarian/vegan tofu stir-fry!