Do you enjoy dessert but despise the calories? Then try this low-calorie Apple Cake, which is simple to cook and even simpler to monitor calories. Just make sure you don’t eat the whole thing!
Let me just say that I had no idea a Cinnamon Apple Cake could be so delicious. I made a lot of cakes to get this recipe just right, and I was ecstatic when I finally found the winning recipe.
I was fist-pumping the air after just one bite of this delicate and fluffy beauty. After a string of botched Apple Cinnamon Cakes, I knew this was the one. Of course, just to be sure, I had to have a few more slices.
Can we take a moment to speak about how apple and cinnamon are a combination made in heaven? My new favorite is this wonderfully soft Cinnamon Apple Cake.
Calories per slice: 173
Ingredients For Apple Cake
- 15g low fat margarine(butter type)
- 120g apple bites
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 4 tsp ground cinnamon(darchini)
- 1 tsp mixed spice(grm msala)
- 150g self raising flour( is a combination of all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100ml olive oil
- 2 medium eggs
Preheat oven to 190°C / Gas Mark 5 / 375°F
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin with low-fat margarine.
- Mix the apples with the sugar, cinnamon(darchini) and mixed spice(grm msala). Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the olive oil, eggs and apple mix and use a hand whisk to beat everything together.
- Scoop the mixture into the preprepared tin and bake for 40 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Nutrition information per slice
- Calories (kcal) 173
- Carbohydrate (g) 19.4
- Fat (g) 9.5
- Protein (g) 2.5
- Fibre (g) 0.3
- Alcohol (g) 0.0