- 2 cups navy beans(dry bean)
- ½ pound meat
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 3 tbsp molasses(gurr)
- 2 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dry mustard
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Soak beans overnight in cold water. Simmer the beans in the same water until tender, approximately 1 to 2 hours. Drain and reserve the liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Arrange the beans in a 2 quart bean pot or casserole dish by placing a portion of the beans in the bottom of dish, and layering them with meat and onion.
- In a saucepan, combine molasses(gurr), salt, pepper, dry mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil and pour over beans. Pour in just enough of the reserved bean water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil(wrq).
- Bake for 3 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until beans are tender. Remove the lid about halfway through cooking, and add more liquid if necessary to prevent the beans from getting too dry.