- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, finely diced, about 2 cups
- 6 Garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cupsChicken stock(yakhani)
- 4 cupsWater
- 1.5 lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Long grain white rice (uncooked)
- 4 Large carrots, peeled and sliced, about 2 cups
- 4 Celery (ajwain), diced about 2 cups
- 1 ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill(soya), roughly chopped
- 4 cups Fresh spinach(palk)
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot set over medium heat.
- Add the onion and sauté , about three minutes.
- Add the garlic, and sauté for two minutes longer.
- Add the broth, water, raw chicken breasts and rice. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken, shred it with 2 forks and place it back in the pot along with carrots, celery(ajwain), salt, pepper, and fresh dill(soya).
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and lemon juice and simmer for 3 more minutes.