- 1-2/3 cups evaporated milk(dry milk), divided
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- Dash pepper(black pepper)
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp beef bouillon granules(stock cube)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour(meda)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Combine 2/3 cup evaporated milk with the next 5 ingredients. Add beef; mix lightly. Refrigerate until chilled.
- With wet hands, shape meat mixture into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown meatballs in batches. Dissolve bouillon in boiling water. Pour over meatballs; bring to a boil. Cover; simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together cold water and flour. Remove meatballs from skillet; skim fat, reserving juices. Add flour mixture and remaining 1 cup evaporated milk to pan juices; cook, uncovered, over low heat, stirring until sauce thickens.
- Return meatballs to skillet. Stir in lemon juice.