- 8 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb(leaf stalks of a cultivated plant of the dock family, which are reddish or green and eaten as a fruit )
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour(meda)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats(jwi or jo)
- 1 cup cold butter
- custard sauce:
- 6 large egg yolks(egg zrdi)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract(vanilla arq)
- In a saucepan, combine rhubarb and 3/4 cup sugar. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the rhubarb is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 13×9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, oats and remaining sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly; sprinkle over rhubarb. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, whisk the egg yolks(zerdi) and sugar; stir in cream. Cook and stir over low heat until a thermometer reads 160° and mixture thickens, 15-20 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm over rhubarb crumble.