- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp dried lemongrass
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 6 cups chicken stock (yakhni)
- 3 tbsp lime juice(lemom juice or arq)
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes(lal mrch flakes)
- 1 pound roasted chicken, shredded
- 1 3/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves(dhnia or parsly or herb)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger and lemon grass, stir to toast until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add mushrooms and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, lime juice and pepper flakes; bring to a simmer and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add chicken and simmer for about 4-5 minutes.
- Whisk in coconut milk, fish sauce, and cilantro(dhnia or parsly); lower heat and allow to mingle for about 10 minutes before serving. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish as desired with chili oil, cilantro leaves (dhnia or parsly)or lime wedges.