Ingredients Dhaba Style Aloo Palak
- Spinach leaves large bunch 1
- Potatoes medium, unpeeled, and quartered 2-3
- Oil 2 teaspoons
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies chopped 1-2
- Onion medium, chopped 1
- Ginger finely chopped 1 inch
- Garlic finely chopped 1 teaspoon
- Tomato large, finely chopped 1
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 3/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1/2 teaspoon
- Ginger strips for garnish
- Parantha to serve
- Step 1: With enough water heated and added, spinach leaves are blanched for one to two minutes in a deep pan. They should be drained into the icy water. Squeeze the extra water out gently, then set it aside.
- Step 2: Place the spinach in a blender jar with 1/4 cup water, and process until smooth paste forms.
- Step 3: Add cumin seeds to hot oil in a nonstick pan and wait for them to turn color. Mix in the green chilies, onion, ginger, and garlic, then continue to cook until the onion becomes translucent.
- Step 4: Mix thoroughly after adding tomato. Mix thoroughly after adding potatoes. Saute for one minute after adding salt. For 1-2 minutes, cook with a cover.
- Step 5: Combine the garam masala, red chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder thoroughly.
- Step 6: Add the spinach paste. The blender jar should be rinsed with 1/2 cup water before adding, stirring carefully, and cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 7: Transfer to a serving bowl, top with thin slices of fresh ginger, and serve immediately with lachcha parantha.