Upma Bread Recipe: Upma is delicious, and bread is widely consumed, but the dish that results when the two are combined is exceptional.
Prep time: 1-1.30 hour
Cook time: 26-30 minutes
Ingredients for Upma Bread Recipe
- Semolina (Rawa/suji) 3½ cups
- Butter for greasing for basting
- Refined flour (maida) for dusting
- Fresh yeast 1 tablespoon
- Castor sugar (caster sugar) ½ teaspoon
- Salt ½ teaspoon
- Oil 3 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies finely chopped 1- 2
- Curry leaves 5-7
- Onion sliced 1-2 medium
- Tomato finely chopped 1 small
- A baking pan should be butter-greased and flour-dusted.
- Pour some yeast into a bowl. Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of warm water and 1/2 teaspoon castor sugar, then wait for it to activate.
- Mix 112 cups water, semolina, and salt in a bowl. Then, knead in the activated yeast.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and thoroughly knead. Move the dough to the work surface and thoroughly knead it to create a soft dough. Transfer to the same bowl, wrap in cling film, and leave for 15-20 minutes to prove.
- In a nonstick pan, heat the remaining oil. Splutter some mustard seeds in there. Add onion, curry leaves, and green chilies, and sauté till the onion turns golden.
- For one minute, add the tomato and sauté. Stir in salt, then simmer for one minute. Cool before transferring to another bowl.
- It should be added to the proven dough and well-kneaded. Level the dough off before placing it on the prepared pan. Cling film the area and leave it to prove for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Set the oven to 180°C.
- Put the pan on a baking sheet. Bake the baking tray in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes while baste-baking it many times with butter. Remove from oven, let cool, then remove mold.
- Slice, then dish.