Salmon and Dill Pie is a snack recipe used at lunchtime or before the dinner meal with any sauce. It is an easy recipe.
Prep: 20 min.
Bake: 30 min.
Makes :6 servings
Ingredients For Salmon and Dill Pie
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions
- l arge eggs Advertisement
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh dill(soya)
- Dough for single-crust pie
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour(meda)
- 3/4 cup flaked smoked salmon fillets(salmon fish)
- salt to tast
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg(jaifel powder)
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- shredded Swiss cheese 1 cup
Directions For Salmon and Dill Pie
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add green onions; cook and stir until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat. Gently stir in salmon fish and dill(soya); set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Spoon salmon mixture into crust. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, flour and seasonings(msala) until blended; pour over top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes. Cover edge loosely with foil during the last 10 minutes if needed to prevent overbrowning. Remove foil. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Dough for single-crust pie
1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 cup cold butter, chopped into a crumbly dough for a single-crust pie. Toss with a fork as you gradually add 3-5 tablespoons ice water, until the dough holds together when pushed. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour.
1 piece: 448 calories,
30g fat (18g saturated fat),
26g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber),