- 4 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp ground cumin(jeera)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional: Shredded cheddar cheese, taco sauce, salsa(tmatr piyaz mrch ka msala), guacamole(a dish made of mashed avocado with chop onion tomato, chili other spices), sliced red onions and sour cream
- In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice and seasonings; add the chicken. Turn to coat; cover. Refrigerate for 1-4 hours.
- In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, saute peppers and onions in remaining oil until crisp-tender. Remove and keep warm.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes. Return pepper mixture to pan; heat through.
- Spoon filling down the center of tortillas; fold in half. Add toppings as desired, fold in half.