- 1 tbspOlive oil
- 1Small onion, diced
- 4Cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cupsChicken or veggie stock(yakhni)
- 2 cupsWater
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning(msala type)
- 1 (14 oz) can Crushed tomatoes
- ½ lbSmall circular pasta, or small elbow noodles
- fresh basil(tulsi), for serving, optional
- Parmesan(pneer type), for serving, optional
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1Egg, beaten
- ½ cup Bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil(tulsi), chopped
- 2Garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl mix all of the ingredients for the meatballs and form them into 1” balls. These are “mini” meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute the meatballs until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes. Set meatballs aside.
- Sauté the onion and cook until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Pour in the stock, water, salt, italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes and meatballs, bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Ladle into bowls and top with fresh chopped basil.
- serve hot .