- 1 1/3 cups brown rice
- 1 tbsp rice bran oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3cm piece fresh ginger grated
- 500g beef mince(qeema)
- 1/2 cup Korean BBQ sauce
- 2 carrots
- 2 cucumbers (kheera)sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts,chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame (till )seeds
- Sriracha(hot souce type) chilli sauce, to serve
- Cook rice following absorption method on packet.
- Meanwhile, heat wok over medium-high heat. Add 1 teaspoon oil. Swirl to coat. Add egg. Swirl to coat base of wok. Cook, without stirring, for 1 minute or until set. Transfer to a chopping board Roll up slice.
- Add remaining oil to wok. Add garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Increase heat to high. Add mince. Cook, breaking up mince with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add B.BQ sauce. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sauce has boiled and reduced.
- Using a julienne peeler, cut carrots into long thin strips, or thinly slice.
- Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with mince mixture, carrot, cucumber, omelette, onion, peanuts and sesame seeds. Drizzle with chilli sauce. Serve.