- 10 egg
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cup ghee
- water as required
- 2 litre full cream milk
- 2 cup cashews(kaju)
- 2 dashes saffron(zafran)
- 3 tablespoon raisins(kishmish)
- 1 handful cashews
- 2 tablespoon green cardamom(ilachi)
- soak the cashews in water for about half an hour. This is done so that the cashews are soft and easily made into a paste to infuse the flavour in halwa. keep aside until required. Also, soak saffron in 1-2 teaspoons of milk and raisins in a little water for garnishing purpose.
- Prepare khoya Put a deep-bottomed pan over medium flame and add milk to it. Let it boil and simmer for a while on a low-medium flame, and stir between so that the milk doesn’t stick to the bottom. When the khoya is prepared, turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Mix eggs and cashew mixtureNow, put a large kadhai over medium flame and add khoya in it along with cashew paste, and sugar. Stir and mix well all the ingredients. Now, take a large bowl and crack open the eggs in it. Take an electric whisker and whisk the eggs to make them frothy. Add this frothy egg mixture in the kadhai and stir to mix well all the ingredients.
- Prepare the halwaNow, put another deep-bottomed pan over the low-medium flame and melt ghee in it. Once the ghee is hot enough, add the egg and khoya mixture in it and cook for around 10 minutes. Stir continuously so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom. After 10 minutes, turn off the flame. Garnish with chopped cashews and raisins.
- Garnish and serveOnce the halwa is prepared, add cardamom powder along with saffron milk. Mix well and garnish with soaked raisins and chopped cashews. Serve hot.