Amazing recipe for Lacha Chicken Box Patties with instructions for shallow and air frying. This dish is unquestionably an eruption of hot flavors put together just for you.
Ingredients for Lacha Chicken Box Patties
- Red chili powder 1 & ½ tbs or to taste
- Salt 1 tsp or to taste
- Coriander powder 1 & ½ tbs
- Gram flour roasted ½ tbs
- Red chili crushed 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1 & ½ tbs
- Citric acid ¼ tsp
Behari chicken filling
- Chicken fillets 500g
- Ginger garlic paste 1 & ½ tsp
- Lemon juice 1 tbs
- Cooking oil 2-3 tbs
- Water 3-4 tbs
- Cooking oil 1tbs
- Onion chopped ½ Cup
- Carrots chopped ½ Cup
- Capsicum chopped ½ Cup
- Corn kernels boiled ¼ Cup
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper crushed to taste
- All-purpose flour 2 tbs
- Water 3 tbs
- Samosa patti/Manda patti as required
- Mozzarella cheese grated
- Cheddar cheese grated
- Kurkure flavor of your choice 100g
- All-purpose flour as required
- Eggs whisked 3
- Cooking oil for frying
Directions for Lacha Chicken Box Patties
- Red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, gram flour, cumin powder, and citric acid should all be added to a bowl and shaken together before being placed away. The behari spice blend is prepared.
Prepare Behari Chicken filling
- Chicken fillets, prepared spice mixture (2–3 tablespoons), ginger–garlic paste, and lemon juice should be combined in a bowl. Rub the mixture all over the fillets. For 30 minutes, cover and marinate.
- Cooking oil is added to a cast iron pan and heated.
- Fry the marinated fillets for 2 minutes over medium heat before flipping them over.
- When the chicken is finished (8–10 minutes), add water, cover the pan, and cook on high heat to minimize moisture.
- Now extinguish the flame and use a fork to shred the chicken.
- Now place the cast iron side with the shredded chicken. Cooking oil, onion, carrots, capsicum, corn kernels, salt, and crushed black pepper should be added to the center and mixed well for a minute.
- Then combine everything and set it aside.
- Water should be added to all-purpose flour and thoroughly mixed to create a paste.
- Take two samosa patties, position one horizontally, coat with all-purpose flour paste, and then stack the second vertically on top of the first to form a plus (+) symbol.
- Spread the cooked chicken filling on the top, top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese, and fold the top side over the filling.
- To create a square box, paste all-purpose flour on the surface and fold the sides in.
- Make sure the box patties are securely sealed on all sides and prepare the others in the same way (makes 22-24).
- Add Kurkure to a food processor and coarsely chop before transferring it to a tray.
- Prepared box burgers should now be dusted with all-purpose flour, dipped in whisked eggs, and then well coated with chopped Kurkure.
- Can be frozen for up to a month in an airtight container.
Method 1: Deep frying
- Cooking oil should be heated in a frying pan before cooking box patties till golden brown on both sides.
Method 2: Air frying
- On both sides, apply non-stick oil spray, then air-fried the items for 7-8 minutes at 180°C, or until golden and crispy.
- Use tomato ketchup to serve!