- 1-1/2 cups boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned oats(jo ,jwi)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour(meda)
- Optional: Butter and honey
- Pour boiling water over oats in a large bowl. Add brown sugar, salt and oil. Cool to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water; let stand 5 minutes. Add to oat mixture. Beat in enough flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide and shape into 24 balls. Place in a greesed baking pan Cover with a kitchen towel; let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake until lightly browned, 20-25 minutes. Remove from pan to cool. serve with butter and honey.