- 2 tbsp Canola oil
- 4 Corn tortillas(mkai roti), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 Small onion, diced
- 1 Green bell pepper(shimla mrch), diced
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 12 Eggs, scrambled
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese
- ¼ cup Cilantro(dhnia or herb) minced, plus more for garnish
- Cotija cheez for serving
- salsa for serving
- Avocado(mgher nashpati) for serving
- Heat the canola oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot add the tortilla(mkai ki twe pe bni roti) strips and fry until crispy, stirring regularly, about 5 minutes. Set crispy tortilla strips aside onto a paper towel lined plate.
- Add the onion and bell pepper (shimla mrch)to the same pan. Sauté until softened. Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute longer.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Beat the eggs with the chili powder and salt. If you need to, add a bit more oil at this point to avoid the eggs sticking to the pan. Once the extra bit of oil has heated, add the eggs to the pan.
- Stir frequently while the eggs cook. When the eggs are halfway cooked (still glistening, but less wet) add in the cilantro, Monterey jack cheese and tortilla strips. Cook until eggs are fully cooked then remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with cotija (or your favorite cheese), salsa, avocado and extra cilantro(dhnia) or as your choice.