Taco Seasoning recipe is simple to make and goes well with everything from tacos to vegetables, meat, seafood, rice, beans, soups, salads, and more.
You’re about to create a recipe that calls for taco seasoning, but you don’t have a jar?
No worries – just whip up a batch of homemade taco seasoning in no time!
All you’ll need are a few spices that you probably already have on hand. Simply combine all of the ingredients in a sealed spice jar and use them anytime you want!
This homemade seasoning is wonderful for seasoning meat, fish, vegetables, or beans in your favorite dish. But don’t forget that it can be utilized in a million other ways! Taco seasoning is my favorite way to flavor Mexican rice or a side of black beans. It’s especially good as a rub for steak, poultry, fish, or shrimp during the summer grilling season. When I’m seeking a zesty salad, I typically sprinkle it in soups or add it to a vinaigrette. And, if you’re feeling brave — trust me on this one — it’s also very tasty when sprinkled on popcorn!
This homemade seasoning recipe is a terrific one to have on hand, no matter how you use it. So go ahead and raid your spice cabinet, and let’s whip up a batch together!
HOW TO MAKE TACO SEASONING:
Simply follow these steps to produce homemade taco seasoning:
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a small jar, add all of the ingredients, cover, and shake until well incorporated.
- Store. A pound of homemade taco seasoning can last about a year!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder(lal mrch powder)
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper(kali mrch)
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes(lal mirch flakes)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano(herb)
- ½ teaspoon paprika(lal mrch colourful or bell pepper)
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin(zeera powder)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder(lehson powder
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano(herb), paprika(bell pepper or lal gol mrch), cumin(zeera), salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
- Store. Use immediately or cover and store for up to 1 year.