- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Onion, finely diced (barik cut)
- 2 Large carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 Celery stalks(ajwain khrasani or herb) finely diced
- 1 Bay leaf(taij pat)
- 3 Garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups Chicken stock(yakhni)
- 2 (14 oz cans)Cannellini beans(white beans or sfaid lobia), drained and rinsed
- 2-3 cups shreeded chiken
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly ground pepper(black pepper powder)
- 2 tbsp Fresh dill(soya), finely chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss chard(white Chukandar), stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1Lemon, juiced
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot set over medium heat.
- Sauté onions, carrots, celery(herb), and bay leaf until vegetables are onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken stock, beans, shredded chicken, salt and pepper and dill(soya). Bring to a boil then reduce to a swimmer. Simmer for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add chard and lemon juice and simmer for another 10 minutes. If you like it a little bit more “bright” add more lemon juice.
- Serve garnished with dill(soya) and shaved Parmesan.