Who needs takeout when you can cook vegetable fried rice in the style of a Chinese restaurant in your own home in 10 minutes? This rice is delicious, with a crunchy texture, soft, fluffy eggs, colorful vegetables, and a lot of flavors. It’s also completely adaptable, so you can use any vegetables and proteins you have on hand.
We eat vegetable fried rice almost every week because it is one of our favorite recipes. He’s developed his talents and improved his rice game significantly over the years. As a result, he’s revealing all of his exclusive secrets for making restaurant-quality fried rice at home today.
WHAT IS IN VEGETABLE FRIED RICE
- oil: made from vegetable
- white rice: Freshly cooked white rice is preferred, although leftover rice would suffice. To soften the rice, all you need to do is add a little water.
- vegetables: carrots, green peas, and sweet corn, either fresh or frozen In fried rice, carrots, and peas are required ingredients. You can use any vegetables you have on hand and be creative with your other veggie alternatives. Broccoli and cauliflower are both excellent choices. Peanuts or edamame beans can also be added.
- seasonings: sesame oil, salt, and Italian seasoning are some of the seasonings used (optional). Cumin is another common seasoning that can be used, but only in little amounts.
- green onion: cilantro can be used instead of green onions (but if using cilantro, it must be added at the end as a topping, as it will wilt under the heat).
- Maggi sauce: For a sweeter flavor, Maggi sauce can be replaced with teriyaki sauce, satay sauce, fish sauce for a more seafood flavor, or curry sauce for Thai-style fried rice.
- sesame seeds: black sesame seeds, toasted
DIFFERENT TYPES OF FRIED RICE
Fried rice can be made in a variety of ways, including vegetarian, meat, and seafood options. To keep things interesting, you can combine a limitless number of elements. The following are some examples of popular combinations:
- Broccoli and beef
- Cauliflower and broccoli with shrimp
- Curry sauce with chicken and sliced green beans
- Chicken in a black bean sauce with peanuts
This vegetarian fried rice can also include tofu. Simply chop it into little cubes, about the size of frozen peas and corns, so that all of the pieces in the dish are uniform.
- ½ tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups freshly cooked white rice
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup frozen green peas
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp sesame oil(till oil)
- 1 tsp Italiano seasoning(msala)
- ½ tbsp green onions (approximately 1 full stem), chopped
- 1 tsp roasted black sesame seeds(till) (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat for one minute. Add beaten eggs, and stir until scrambled and cooked through, yet still tender.
- Add the rice and turn the heat up to high. It’s very important to cook fried rice over high heat to achieve the best texture. If you are using leftover rice, add up to ¼ cup of water to soften the rice.
- Add carrots, sweet corn, and peas to the pan. Continuously stir for 2 minutes to cook and evenly mix and distribute the ingredients.
- Add sesame oil(till oil), salt, and Italiano seasoning(msala), and keep stirring, for about 1 minute. Add maggie sauce and green onions at the end and stir to combine.
- Serve hot and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.