- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger, minced
- 1 Jalapeño, seeds and ribs removed, diced
- 4 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp Pepper(black pepper)
- 2 tsp Cumin(zeera)
- 2 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 (14oz) can Crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups Chicken stock(yakhni)
- 1 Sweet potato(shakar qandi) , peeled and diced
- 1 (14 oz) can Chickpeas(white chana), drained
- 1 cup Creamy natural peanut butter
- 4 cups Kale(bnd gobi), roughly chopped
- 1.5 lbs chicken shredded
- 1 tsp Sat (to taste)
- Peanuts, crushed
- Cilantro(dhania or herb), chopped (optional) for garnish
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in ginger, jalapeno and garlic and stir until fragrant about 1 min. Add the pepper, cumin(zeera) and tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring, until paste darkens.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, stock(yakhni), sweet potatoes(shakar qandi), chickpeas(white chane) and peanut butter. Bring to a boil and stir until fully combined. Turn the heat down to low and simmer for 15 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add in kale(bnd gobi) and shredded chicken and cook for another 5 minutes. Taste the soup before adding salt. Depending on how salty your stock(yakhni) and/or peanut butter was, it may not need anymore salt. If you use low sodium stock and salt-free peanut butter, it will need a full teaspoon salt, maybe more. Adjust to your own liking.
- Serve warm topped with cilantro (dhania)and crushed peanuts. Enjoy!