Asian Fusion Chicken Burger: Asian and Indian spices are combined in this recipe for chicken burgers. It is packed with flavor and has a fantastic strawberry-mango salsa that complements the spiciness and brings the flavor to unbelievably tasty levels. It is also a healthy grilling option. The Chow-Style BBQ Sandwich from the website of the Chicken Farmers of Canada served as the basis for this burger.
In order to have the sweet and fruity and the cooling mint to balance the spicy fusion flavors, I made some adjustments and added the strawberry mango salsa as an option. The end result is a flavorful chicken burger that simply bursts with flavors that don’t compete with one another but rather enhance it. It’s a divine mix, so don’t be scared to try the fruit salsa on top of the chicken burger.
I’m not moaning about the warm weather, which feels like summer has already started in Vancouver. One of the many reasons I love this time of year is the backyard gatherings, which we have already had a number of. It’s always fun to hang out in the backyard as the kids burn off some of their boundless energy and the grownups catch up while enjoying some delectable cuisine and hydrating beverages. What is there to dislike about that?
You can never go wrong with chicken, so when we have gatherings at our house, a chicken main dish is usually on the menu. We always use chicken that was produced in Canada. Because it is farmed in Canada in accordance with strict, nationally established guidelines for food safety and animal welfare, Canadian chicken is a healthy option. It is grain-fed, devoid of artificial hormones and steroids, and hormone- and steroid-free.
Asian Fusion Chicken Burger Recipe
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 25 minutes
INGREDIENTS Asian Fusion Chicken Burger
- 1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ⅛ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- ¼ tsp Cumin
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha Sauce
- 4 tsp Tamari
- 1 Tbsp Mint Chopped
- 1 Tbsp Cilantro Chopped
- 2 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breast
- Chicken breasts should be put in a shallow container or resealable bag and marinated with the entire marinade mixture while doing so. Get the recipe for this delicious salsa HERE.
- Chicken should be covered with the marinade and left to sit for two hours or overnight.
- Mix the ingredients for the salsa in a medium bowl while the chicken is marinating. Until the serving time, place it in the refrigerator.
- When the chicken has done marinating, heat the grill and lightly oil the grates.
- Chicken should be cooked until it achieves a temperature of 165°F (74°C) inside.
- Approximately 6 minutes on a BBQ or 8 minutes on a stovetop grill pan.
- Give the chicken some time to rest.
- Serve with strawberry mango salsa and arugula on a brioche bun.
- You can use any kind of bun you desire, although we preferred it with brioche. We enjoyed the way the strawberry mango salsa complemented the flavors of the Asian Fusion Chicken Burger, even though it is entirely optional.
- The two hours of marinating the chicken are not included in the cooking time.