2 hrs 30 mins
We present our delightful and decadent Banana Pudding Lasagna recipe. Prepare to indulge your taste buds with layers of creamy goodness and the sweetness of ripe bananas. This dessert is a heavenly combination of traditional banana pudding and luscious lasagna, creating a delightful treat that will leave your guests asking for more. Let’s dive into the details of this mouthwatering recipe and how you can make it at home.
Dessert of Banana Pudding
This was influenced by my other recipe for banana pudding on this website. I was excited to try another innovative version of banana pudding after creating my banana pudding cups. This dessert lasagna was created at that time!
To create our Banana Pudding Lasagna, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 box of vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 box (3.4 ounces) of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1 cup of crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
What will Attract You to this Recipe?
- Ideal for any situation.
- Wonderful for large crowds
- Dazzling presentation for big events
- Delicious delight that will not let you down
- A delectable delicacy that requires no baking
- Simple and quick to prepare in under two hours
- A delicious punch from sweet banana slices and creamy pudding.
- The entire dish is quick and simple to prepare and looks amazing.
- The dish is extremely adaptable. So many choices. Such a brief period.
- Creamy cheesecake, sweet bananas, and crisp vanilla wafers make for an enticing flavor combination.
Method for Making Banana Pudding Lasagna
Step 1. Prepare the Vanilla Wafer Crust
To begin, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). In a food processor, crush the vanilla wafers until they form fine crumbs. Mix the melted unsalted butter with the crushed wafers until the crumbs are fully coated. Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13-inch baking dish to form the crust. Bake the crust for 10 minutes until it turns golden brown. Set it aside to cool.
Step 2. Create the Banana Pudding Layer
In a large bowl, combine the whole milk, sweetened condensed milk, and instant vanilla pudding mix. Whisk the mixture until it thickens and becomes smooth. This will serve as the base of our banana pudding layer.
Step 3. Prepare the Whipped Cream
In another bowl, whip the heavy cream and powdered sugar together until stiff peaks form. The whipped cream adds a luscious, creamy element to our Banana Pudding Lasagna.
Step 4. Assemble the Layers
Now comes the fun part! Layer the ingredients to create a delectable dessert. Start by spreading half of the banana pudding mixture over the vanilla wafer crust. Next, arrange a layer of sliced bananas on top of the pudding. Sprinkle half of the crushed pineapple, shredded coconut, and chopped pecans over the bananas. Finally, spread half of the whipped cream over the top to seal in the flavors.
Step 5. Repeat and Garnish
Repeat the layering process one more time, starting with the remaining banana pudding mixture. Top it off with the remaining whipped cream and a few banana slices for garnish. You can also sprinkle some crushed wafers or coconut over the top for an extra touch of visual appeal.
Step 6. Chill and Serve
Cover the Banana Pudding Lasagna with plastic wrap and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight. Chilling allows the flavors to meld together, resulting in a truly divine dessert. When ready to serve, slice the lasagna into portions and enjoy the rich, creamy goodness.
- Use a spatula to spread the layers as evenly as you can.
- For the best flavor and texture, choose yellow bananas with a few brown spots that are ripe but firm.
- Have everything ready to go before you begin assembling to make it simpler.
- For optimal results, place lasagna in the refrigerator for at least two hours (preferably overnight) before serving.
- Before serving the dessert, give it 10 to 15 minutes to acclimate to room temperature on your counter.
- Enjoy yourself and explore the many ingredients and flavor combinations.
- When cooling, always use a lid, aluminum foil, or plastic wrap to protect the food.