You’ll adore this low-calorie banana bread recipe, which is made with simple ingredients that are both easy to obtain and affordable. This low-fat banana bread recipe has only 74 calories per slice and is a terrific low-fat substitute for handmade banana bread.
Try my Zucchini Bread or Corn Bread if you’re looking for a low-calorie, healthful bread.
Banana bread is a popular comfort food recipe that children and adults alike appreciate. This low-calorie banana bread recipe was created to be reduced in calories and fat, so you may have a loaf of wonderfully rich banana bread without compromising flavor!
How Many Calories Are In Banana Bread?
Butter, flour, and sugar are all used in traditional banana bread. This recipe calls for flour and sugar, but the proportions are lowered, lowering the calorie and fat content and making it a terrific healthy banana bread to make at home.
- Average Calories In Banana Bread: 420 calories per slice
- Average Calories In This Recipe: 74 calories per slice
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Butter, flour, and sugar are all used in traditional banana bread. Although flour and sugar are used in this recipe, the amou It can be served for breakfast, as a snack, or as a soothing dessert.
- The calorie and fat content are significantly lower than in regular banana bread.
- It’s produced from scratch, so there are no preservatives or processed components in it.
- This low-calorie dessert is suitable for both children and adults.
- It keeps well in the refrigerator and may be frozen for later use, making it ideal for meal preparation.
- You can bake muffins out of it for a bite-sized snack.
- You can make it your own by adding exciting extras like chopped almonds or chocolate chips to the batter.
- The ingredients are inexpensive and readily available in any grocery store.
Variations & Mix-Ins
Here are some creative ways to make your low-calorie banana bread more flavorful!
- Chocolate or white chocolate chips can be added.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add shredded coconut to the mix.
- Add your preferred chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans, and swirl them in.
- To make chocolate banana bread, add 14 cup cocoa powder to the batter.
- Before baking, toss in some dried fruit.
- To make a bright citrus-flavored banana bread, add some orange zest to the batter.
Storing & Freezing
- Storing: Wrap banana bread with plastic wrap, aluminium foil, or store it in an airtight container while not in use. At room temperature, the banana bread will keep for 1 to 2 days, but refrigerating it will keep it for up to a week.
- Freezing: Wrap banana bread tightly in plastic wrap or store in an airtight container before freezing. In the freezer, the banana bread will keep its finest quality for about 2 to 3 months.
- 2 ripe bananas,(2 pke hue kele) mashed
- 1 tbsp unsweetened apple sauce(apple ki chatni)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract(vanilla arq)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp skim milk(Baghair Balai K dood)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour(meda)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two mini-baking pans with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add all ingredients except the flour(meda k ilawa). Gently mix by hand until everything is mixed and the batter is smooth.
- Add flour(meda). Stir until combined.
- Divide batter between the two baking pans. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cool. Cut each loaf into 6 slices. Enjoy!