- 3 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoon ghee
- 4 egg
- 1 teaspoon green chilli
- water as required
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- salt as required
- 1 cup onion
- 1 cup coriander (hra dhnia)leaves
- To prepare this delicious Bengali paratha, take a dough kneading(gundne wali ) plate and add whole wheat flour in it along with refined flour and the two tablespoons of ghee. Mix well and knead using water until the dough becomes firm. Then leave it aside for a few hours. Peel the onions and finely chop in a bowl, keep aside until required.
- Once a few hours have passed divide the dough into four parts. Cover it with a cloth and leave it to rest again for 20 minutes.
- Now, put a non-stick pan over medium flame. Meanwhile, take one part of the dough and use a little dry flour and rolling pin to form a thick roti.
- Next, place the roti on the pan and crack an egg at the centre of the roti. Before the eggs start to solidify, top it up with green chilies, onions, coriander leaves, and salt. Now, lower the heat to medium and start folding it by bringing the four sides of the roti to the centre.
- To properly cook the paratha, make sure to put some ghee around it. Once the base is done, spear the part above with ghee and flip it over to cook from the other side too. Once it becomes golden brown and the crust becomes a little crunchy turn of the gas and put the paratha on a plate. Serve it hot tomato ketchup or gravy of your choice.