This vegan pasta salad is like a dish of sunshine in a bowl! It’s full of vibrant vegetables like cherry tomatoes, yellow squash, and green beans, as well as briny artichokes and olives. I make a tart, creamy tahini dressing to bring it all together. This dressing travels well because it is free of mayonnaise. As a result, this vegan pasta salad is an excellent dish to serve during a barbecue or picnic. I’m going to make it all summer because it’s so fresh, vivid, and joyful. You’ll be once you’ve tried it!
Vegan Pasta Salad Serving Suggestions
This recipe is ideal for picnics because it keeps well when prepared ahead of time. Toss it all together and eat right away, or prepare it up to two days ahead of time. Refrigerate it until you’re ready to consume it.
Serve this vegan pasta salad alongside Caprese sandwiches, chickpea salad sandwiches, or Greek Salad Dressed Grilled Veggie Skewers. It’s also a great side dish for these tried-and-true barbeque recipes:
- The Best Vegetarian Burger
- Burger with Portobello Mushrooms
- Burger with black beans
- BBQ Sandwiches with Jackfruit
A fresh fruit salad completes the meal.
I like to meal prep this salad for lunch when I’m not planning a picnic. It’s a fresh, filling supper on its own, thanks to the protein-packed navy beans, robust pasta, and bright vegetables.
Vegan spaghetti salad that’s excellent for a picnic! It’s packed with vibrant vegetables and mixed in a tangy, creamy tahini dressing that’s free of mayonnaise.
- 1 cup haricots verts(Very small and slender green bean use as vegitable), sliced in half lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces short curly pasta
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 2 medium yellow squash(americi kdu or petha), very thinly sliced
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts(vegetable whose immature edible flower head is formed of a heart) , drained and sliced into quarters
- ¾ cup cooked navy beans(khusk phali), drained and rinsed
- 1 heaping cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ½ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- ½ cup chopped parsley(herb)
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- ½ cup chopped basil(tulsi or naiazboo)
- ¼ cup tahini(seasame se bna souce)
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp maple syrup
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil and place a bowl of ice water nearby. Blanch the haricots verts for 1 minute, then transfer to the ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Prepare the pasta according to the instructions on the package. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Make the dressing: In a small-medium bowl, whisk together the milk, tahini, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, mustard, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- In a very large bowl, combine the pasta, haricots verts, yellow squash, artichoke hearts, navy beans, cherry tomatoes, red onion, and olives. Toss with the dressing. Mix in the parsley(herb), basil(tulsi), and sunflower seeds(surj mukhi beej). Season to taste with more salt.
- Serve at room temperature or store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Season to taste before serving.