- 2 cups New Mexico Red Chile Sauce or Enchilada Sauce
- 1 pound ground beef browned
- 1 cup sweet onion chopped
- 4 green chile peppers chopped
- 2 cups shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 2 tomato chopped
- chopped lettuce for topping
- 6 yellow corn tortilla
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil canola oil
- 2 eggs fried over easy or over medium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground beef and onion in a fry pan until done. Drain excess grease, stir in the Green chili and set aside.
- In a fry pan, heat oil over medium high heat until hot. The oil should be hot enough that the tortillas bubbles as its lowered into the oil. Fry corn tortillas(mkai ki roti) one at a time 30 seconds each. Place tortillas on a plate that’s been lined with a paper towel. Place another paper towel on top of the tortillas as you cook them to help keep them warm.
- To build the enchiladas. In an oven proof dishes, I use my Comal, place one tortilla. Top with 1/4 cup ground beef and 1/4 cup red chili souce and a good sprinkle of the shredded cheese and fresh tomato. Place a tortilla on top of of that and another layer of the ingredients. Place the third tortilla on top and sprinkle with cheese and sauce. Use three tortillas for each stack.
- In the meantime, fry two eggs until over easy.
- Bake or broil until cheese is melted . Serve immediately topped with more fresh tomato, chopped lettuce and fried egg. If you want add a dollop of sour cream to the top and diced raw onions (after baking).then serve.