The tangy barbecue sauce in this recipe for pulled pork made in the Texas style is simple to prepare in a slow cooker. The rolls with the shredded pork are my preferred serving vehicle. The favorite of my family!
5 hrs 15 mins
This slow cooker pulled pork recipe is simple to make and is soft, juicy, and oh-so-tasty.
What Type of Meat is Best for Pulled Pork?
For several reasons, this recipe specifies a pork shoulder roast: It is cheap, easy to deal with, and frequently has a lot of marbling, which makes for delicious pulled pork.
Instructions for Making Pulled Pork in a Slow Cooker
A basic description of what to anticipate when making homemade pulled pork in the Crock-Pot is given below:
- Place the roast on top of the oil after adding the oil to the slow cooker.
- To the Crock-Pot, add the remaining ingredients.
- Cook the pork under cover until it is readily shredded.
- Once the pork has been shredded, add it back to the slow cooker with the liquids.
- If you’re serving pulled pork sandwiches, top the buns with butter.
Per person, how much pulled pork?
Per person, you’ll need between 13 and 12 pounds of pork. About eight people may be fed by this meal, which starts with a 4-pound pork roast.
Serving Ideas for Pulled Pork
Looking for a side dish to go with your pulled pork? Discover Our Best Barbecue Side Dishes in this category. Some of the recipes you’ll find are as follows:
- Baked Beans from Scratch
- Simple Macaroni and Cheese Advertisement
- Traditional Creamy Coleslaw
What to Do With Leftover Pulled Pork
Never throw away any leftovers! For mouthwatering ideas, browse through our collection of leftover pulled pork recipes. Here are a few of the delectable dishes you may anticipate:
- Creamy Pulled Pork Soup
- Quick and Easy Pulled Pork Burritos
- Pulled Pork Nachos with Sriracha Slaw
How to Keep Pulled Pork Fresh
The pulled pork can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days after it has completely cooled. For up to six months, pulled pork can be frozen.
How to Reheat Pulled Pork
We advise warming the pulled pork in the oven or a slow cooker as opposed to the microwave to prevent it from drying out. To reheat the fluids with the meat, be careful to save them.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4 pound) pork shoulder roast
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 extra large onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 2 tablespoons butter, or as needed
Method of Slow Cooker Texas Pulled Pork
Put some vegetable oil in the slow cooker’s bottom. Put the pork roast in the slow cooker and add the vinegar, barbecue sauce, and chicken broth. Add the Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, brown sugar, yellow mustard, onion, garlic, and thyme. Pork should easily shred with a fork after being cooked on Low for 10 to 12 hours or High for 5 to 6 hours.
With two forks, shred the pork after removing it from the slow cooker. Stirring the fluids together will return the shredded pork to the slow cooker.
Butter should be applied to the inside of both hamburger bun halves. In a pan over medium heat, toast buns with the butter side down until golden brown. Place toasted buns with pulled pork inside.